- What is the child visa (subclass 101)?
- What can you do on the child 101 visa?
- What is required to be eligible for the child 101 visa?
- Best interest of the child
- How much does the 101 visa cost?
- How long can you stay on the child 101 visa?
- What are the obligations if the child 101 visa is granted?
- What are the sponsors obligations on the child 101 visa?
The Child Visa (subclass 101) allows for a dependant single child who is outside Australia to migrate to Australia as a permanent resident with their parent/s.
On this visa you can
- Stay permanently
- Study/ Work
- Access Australia’s public healthcare scheme (Medicare)
- Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
- Sponsor eligible relatives to migrate to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for the first 5 years after the visa is granted (after 5-years you will need to apply for the respective visas)
Child Visa 101 Eligibility criteria
- The child must be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Must be the biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent or a step-child of a step-parent who is no longer with the parent of the child but is legally responsible for the step-child
- be under 18 or under 25 but studying full time and financially dependent on your parent
- be outside Australia at the time of the application and when a decision is made
- meet health and character requirements
- if the child is under 18, they must have consent from all legal parties that can decide where the child lives
- the laws of the child’s home country allow the child to migrate to Australia
note: you are also eligible if you are over 18 but dependent on your parent because you are unable to work due to disability.
Best interest of the child
The Department of Home Affairs declares the right to refuse the visa if they find it is not in the best interest of the child. Sponsorship of the child must be approved for the protection of the child
Subclass 101 visa Cost
From AUD3055（Update date：2023.07）
Additional costs: You might also have to pay other costs for each applicant for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
101 visa Length of stay
This visa when granted is permanent residency in Australia
101 visa Processing time
As of 2023.07
- 25% of applications: 6 Months
- 50% of applications: 9 Months
- 75% of applications: 14 Months
- 90% of applications: 24 Months
101 visa Obligations
- The child must obey all Australian laws
- Enter Australia on a set date
- Not get married or enter a de-facto relationship before entering Australia
- Inform the department if anything changes. This includes changes to your relationship status, the birth of a child and any changes to personal details such as phone number, email address or passport
- As the sponsor and parent, you are obligated to financially support your child, you are responsible for the cost to the Australian government of the child living in Australia
- Help the child settle in Australia
- Provide adequate safe accommodation
- Abide by all Australian family law
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services