- What is The Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 115)?
- What can you do on the subclass 115 visa?
- Am I eligible for the subclass 115 visa?
- What is a near relative?
- What is Assurance of support?
- How much does the subclass 115 visa cost?
- What is the length of stay for the visa 115?
- What is the processing time for the subclass 115 Visa?
- What are the obligations of the 115 visa?
The Remaining Relative Visa (Subclass 115) is designed for applicants who have no near relatives outside Australia and have a relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand. This visa allows the applicant to migrate to Australia as a permanent resident.
The 115 Visa allows you to
- Live in Australia permanently
- Find employment
- Study in Australia (at your own expense)
- Enrol in Enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme (Medicare)
- If eligible you can apply for Australian citizenship
Note: The Australian government will not compensate or loan any expense for education or work.
If you are working you are protected by Australian workplace law. See your workplace rights and entitlements.
115 Visa Eligibility Criteria
- Be a remaining relative of an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Have no near relatives who usually live outside Australia
- Be outside Australia at the time of application and when a decision is made
- Meet health and character requirements
- Not have had any previous visa applications cancelled or refused
- Have an eligible sponsor (usually your relative)
- Must have Assurance of Support (see below)
What is a near relative?
A near relative is your/your partners parents, siblings, stepsiblings, children, step-children, niece or nephew who is not a dependent child.
Assurance of Support (AOS)
An Assurance of Support is essentially a bond with the department of human services. It is an additional cost paid by the sponsor at the time of decision, for two applicants the bond is an estimated cost of $14,000, however, the assurer’s taxable income needs to be assessed. This is amount is an agreement that financial support will be provided to the applicant/s to settle down in Australia and in circumstances of financial hardship so that there isn’t a dependency on government income (Centrelink).
This amount is paid to the department of human services and is an agreement to re-pay the department for any income support provided. The amount is repaid (minus debt to the Australian government) two years after the parent (subclass 103) visa is granted.
The assurer must:
- Give sufficient support so thatthe primary applicant or any accompanying family do not have to rely on any government support
- Pay a security bond before the visa isgranted
115 Visa Cost
From AUD4990（Update date：2023.07）
Additional costs: You might also have to pay other costs for each applicant for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
115 Visa length of stay
115 Visa Processing Time
A new Remaining Relative visa application may take at least 24 years to process.
For more information, see Other Family Visa Queue
Holders of a Subclass 115 Visa are eligible to enrol in Australia’s public-health cover (Medicare).
115 Visa Obligations
- You must obey all Australian laws
- Inform the department if anything changes. This includes changes to the relationship status, the birth of a child and any changes to personal details such as phone number, email address or passport
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services