- What is the Transit (subclass 771) Visa?
- What can you do on the 771 Visa?
- Am I eligible for the 771 Visa?
- Maritime Crews use of the 771 visa
- How much does the 771 Visa cost?
- How long can you stay on the 771 Visa?
- What is the processing time for the 771 Visa?
- What are my obligations on the 771 Visa?
The Transit (Subclass 771) Visa allows applicants to stay in Australia for 72 hours before they must leave Australia. Before applying for this visa check the transit facilities at Australian airports and if you are eligible you may not need a visa to transit.
The 771 Visa allows you to
- Transit through Australia (for no more than 72hours)
- Enter Australia before joining the crew of a non-military maritime ship (with a valid Maritime Crew Visa Subclass 988)
771 Visa Eligibility Criteria
- Have an eligible, current passport
- Be outside Australia when you apply and have plans to depart Australia for another country within 72hours of entering Australia
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have paid back any outstanding debt to the Australian government
- If you are under 18, The Department of Home Affairs reserves the right to refuse this visa if they do not believe it is in your best interest
If you are entering Australia by air on the Transit (Subclass 771) Visa, holding a valid Maritime Crew (Subclass 988) Visa you have 5 days to sign on to your ship. You will need to re-apply for a transit visa each time you enter Australia by air to join a ship.
Note: Your Maritime Crew (Subclass 988) Visa will be cancelled if you do not sign on to a ship within 5 days of entering Australia by air.
771 Visa Cost
Free （Update date：2023.07）
771 Visa Stay
This is a temporary visa; the stay on the Transit (Subclass 771) Visa is capped at 72 hours.
771 Visa Processing Time
As of 2023,.07 the published processing times are:
- 25% of applications: 1 Day
- 50% of applications: 4 Days
- 75% of applications: 9 Days
- 90% of applications: 20 Days
771 Visa Obligations
- You must obey Australian laws and meet all visa conditions
- You must not stay longer then 72 hours or sign on to a ship within 5 days if you are entering by air holding a Maritime Crew (Subclass 988) Visa
- Inform the department if anything changes. This includes changes to your relationship status, the birth of a child (or stepchild) and any changes to personal details such as phone number, address or passport.
- Once this visa expires you cannot extend it, you must leave Australia and re-apply for a new visa
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services