- What is the Orphan Relative (subclass 117) Visa?
- What is the eligibility?
- How much does a subclass 117 application cost?
- What is the processing time?
The Orphan Relative (Subclass 117) Visa allows for a child to live with a relative in Australia if their parents are deceased, permanently incapable of caring for their child or cannot be found. Applicants are not eligible for the subclass 117 visa if their parent is found capable of caring for the child but chooses not to. This visa is a permanent residency and if granted it allows the child to migrate to Australia to live, study and work, have access to Medicare and if eligible apply for Australian citizenship. The child will also be eligible to sponsor relatives to come to Australia.
- Doha defines an orphan as a child who is under 18 years of age with no parent to care for them
- The child holds a valid passport
- Have consent from all legal parties, including the child’s home country and any person who can by law decide where the child lives
- Have a relative who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and willing to sponsor the child. Sponsorship must be approved for the protection of the child
- Meet health and character checks
- Paid back any debts to the government, accumulated by the child or any member of their family
- Be offshore when the application is lodged and at the time of decision
- Separate applications must be made for any siblings of the child
The Department of Home Affairs declares the right to refuse the visa if they find it is not in the best interest of the child.
From AUD 1870
There may be separate costs for health checks, character tests and biometrics.
- 25% of applications: 31 Months
- 50% of applications: 57 Months
- 75% of applications: 81 Months
- 90% of applications: 114 Months
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services