- Graduate Work Stream Introduction
- Graduate Work Stream Eligibility
- Graduate Work Stream Checklist and requirement
- Graduate Work Stream Application Process
- Graduate Work Stream Cost
- Graduate Work Stream Processing Time
- Graduate Work Stream Frequently Asked Question
- Do I have to inform the Department if I want to travel after I apply?
- Post-Study Work Stream Introduction
- Post-Study Work Stream Eligibility
- Post-Study Work Stream Checklist and requirement
- Post-Study Work Stream Application Process
- Post-Study Work Stream Cost
- Post-Study Work Stream Processing Time
- Post-Study Work Stream Frequently Asked Question
- Can I travel outside Australia after granted this visa?
- Want to stay longer and my visa is expiring?
New policies during the COVID-19：COVID-19 Visa Concessions for Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa
Par A Graduate Work Stream
1.Graduate Work Stream Introduction
Graduate work stream is a temporary visa particularly for international graduate who have completed skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia needs.
This visa enables you to stay up to 18 months and within that period, you can live, study and work in Australia and you can include your family member in your application.
2.Graduate Work Stream Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for this visa, you must be
- – Under 50 years of age
- – Either the main holder of a current student visa / within the past 6 months before your application and currently on BVA or BVB / held a student visa in the past 6 months before your application and currently on a substantive visa / your student visa was cancelled but in the past 28 days the Tribunal has notified you to set aside the decision or substitute the Minister’s decision
- – Not previously granted a Subclass 485 or 476 as a primary visa holder
- – Satisfy the Australian study requirement
- In the past 6 months before you applied this visa, you are awarded at least one degree, diploma or trade qualification that was a CRICOS-registered course, completed all course requirement, in English for at least 2 academic years, you were physically in Australia for at least 16 calendar months to complete the study.
- – You must have a qualification relevant to an occupation on the skilled occupation list, https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list
- – Have a degree, diploma or trade qualification related to that occupation and assessed by the assessing authority
- – Meet the English requirement (proficiency) unless you are a citizen of UK, Canada, NZ, US or the republic of Ireland
- – Health insurance
- – Meet the health requirement
- – Meet the character requirement
- – Not have had a visa cancelled or previous application refused
- – Sign the Australian value statement
There is one condition attached to this visa.
Maintain adequate health insurance
3.Graduate Work Stream Checklist
- Identity document such as current passport, ID card etc
- Study document such as completion letter, Academic transcripts, English language test result if applicable
- Skills assessment documents
- Health Insurance documents such as letter from health insurance provider, Medicare
- Character documents such as Police check up to 12 months before you apply, Form80,1221
- Partner documents such as your partner’s identity documents, character documents, documents about other family members, marriage certificate, de facto relationship
- For dependant under 18 years old documents such as birth certificates or family book, adoption paper if applicable, consent – From 1229 form anyone who has a legal right to decide where the child lives and is not coming to Australia with the child.
- For dependents over 18 years old documents such as identity documents, relationships documents, character documents, proof of relationship, Form 47a Details of a child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over, financial dependency – bank statement, money transfer and rent receipts, or report from a qualified medical practitioner that states they are dependent on you or your partner due to total or partial.
4.Graduate Work Stream Application Process
Step 1: Gradated from a CRICOS-registered course
Step 2: Gather your documents
Step 3: Lodge your document online via ImmiAccount or by paper using Form 1409 Application for a Temporary Graduate Visa
Step 4: Visa outcome
5.Graduate Work Stream Cost
The cost of this visa is from AUD 1895. Other costs including charge for each family member in your application may applies.
6.Graduate Work Stream Processing Time
- 25% of applications: Less than 1 Day
- 50% of applications: 59 Days
- 75% of applications: 72 Days
- 90% of applications: 3 Months
7.Graduate Work Stream Frequently Asked Question
Do I have to inform the Department if I want to travel after I apply?
Yes, you could have to inform the department if you want to travel during the proceeding time.
Part B. Post-Study Work Stream
1.Post-Study Work Stream Introduction
This is a temporary visa for international students who have graduated with a degree from an Australian institution to live, work and study in Australia for 2-4 years. You can include members of family unit in your application when you apply.
2.Post-Study Work Stream Eligibility
In order to meet your eligibility, you must satisfy the following requirements.
- Under 50 years of age
- You are a currently student visa or have previously granted your first student visa within 6 months and
- now have a BVA or BVB granted on the basis of valid application for a visa or
- now hold a substantive visa or
- the Tribunal has notified you of a decision to set aside and substitute the Minister’s decision not to revoke the cancellation.
- Meet the Australian study requirement
- Eligible qualification at degree-level or above
- Have studied with an Australian education provider who is registered on CRICOS
- Evidence of English proficiency in the last 3 years, unless you hold a valid passport from UK, the United States of America, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- Have adequate health insurance
- Meet the health requirement
- Meet our character requirement
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Have no debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance
3.Post-Study Work Stream Checklist
- Identity documents such as passport
- Study documents such as completion letter, academic transcripts
- English language test result if necessary
- Health insurance documents
- Character documents, such as Police check, Form 80, Form 1221
- Partner documents such as partner’s identity documents, character documents and documents about other family members, marriage certificate, or de facto relationship
- Dependents under 18 documents such as birth certificate or family book and Form 1229 consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years and statutory declaration
- Dependants over 18 documents:
- Birth certificate
- Identity documents
- Character documents
- Proof of relationship with the dependant such as a birth certificate
- Form 47a Details of a child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over
- Proof of financial dependency such as bank statements, money transfer and rent receipts
- A report from a qualified medical practitioner for child who aged 23 and is dependent on you or your partner due to the total or partial loss od their bodily or mental functions
4.Post-Study Work Stream Application Process
Step 1: Ensure you are entitled to apply for this visa.
Step 2: Collect all the required documents
Step 3: Lodge your application online via ImmiAccount or by paper using Form 1409 Application for a Temporary Graduate Visa
Step 5: Visa outcome.
5.Post-Study Work Stream Cost
The visa costs AUD 1895for the main applicant.
Other changes map applies for each family member in your application and subsequent entrants may pay the full visa application charge.
Other fees may apply, and the link below will give you an approximate costs for your application. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/visa-pricing-estimator?visa=485-34
6.Post-Study Work Stream Processing Time
- 25% of applications: 52 Days
- 50% of applications: 56 Days
- 75% of applications: 3 Months
- 90% of applications: 8 Months
7.Post-Study Work Stream Frequently Asked Question
Can I travel outside Australia after granted this visa?
Yes, you can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid but the time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.
Want to stay longer and my visa is expiring?
You cannot study in Australia longer by extending this visa, but there are other skilled work visas. If you want to find out more, please contact us immediately without hesitating.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services