- What is the evisitor subclass 651?
- What can I do on the subclass 651 visa?
- Am I eligible for the subclass 651 visa?
- What countries are eligible for the 651 visa?
- Business visitors on the subclass 651 visa
- How much is the subclass 651 visa?
- How long does the subclass 651 visa last?
- What is the processing time for the subclass 651 visa?
- What are my obligations under the subclass 651 visa?
- Health insurance under subclass 651
The evisitor subclass 651 visa allows applicants to visit Australia as much as you’d like within a 12-month period with each stay being up to 3 months.
The 651 Visa allows you to
- Travel to Australia, as a tourist, business visitor or to see family members/friends
- Re-enter Australia as many times as you’d like in the 12-month duration (maximum 3 month stay at a time)
- Undertake business training or study for a 3-month duration
651 Visa Eligibility Criteria
- Have an eligible, current passport
- Be outside Australia when you apply and when The Department of Home Affairs makes a decision about your visa (do not arrange to travel until you receive a visa grant letter)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have the financial means to travel, support yourself while in Australia and leave Australia at the end of your stay
- Be a genuine visitor, this means you only intend to stay in Australia for 3 months at a time and will obey any conditions attached to your visa
- Have paid back any outstanding debt to the Australian government
- If you are under 18, The Department of Home Affairs reserves the right to refuse this visa if they do not believe it is in your best interest
Note: You are not eligible if you apply with a certificate of identity, any other travel document or a non-citizen passport.
Eligible countries for the 651 Visa
As of January 2023, The Department of Home Affairs current published list of eligible countries is as follows:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom – British Citizen, Vatican City
The following are not eligible passports for this visa:
- British National Overseas,
- British Dependent Territories Citizen,
- British Overseas Citizen
- British Protected Person
- British Subject passport
Business visitors on the 651 Visa
Under this visa, as a business visitor you can make general business/employment enquiries, make or review business contracts, take part in activities as part of an official government visit, take part in a business seminar, conference or trade fair (this cannot be paid work)
You can’t work or provide a service to a business or organisation in Australia or sell goods and services to the Australia public directly. If you want to do short term work in Australia that is not considered being a business visitor or for an income apply for a Temporary Work Visa.
651 Visa Cost
651 Visa Stay
This is a temporary visa; with this visa you can visit Australia for up to 3 months at a time within a 12-month period. The 12 months starts on the date the visa is granted.
Note: if you enter Australia on a cruise, you will need a valid visa, for round trip cruises (from Australia and returning to Australia); any time on the cruise counts as time in Australia on your visa, the department considers this as not leaving Australia. Leaving Australia on a cruise and re-entering does not re-set the stay period.
651 Visa Processing Time
As of 2023,.07 the published processing times are:
- 25% of applications: Less than 1 day
- 50% of applications: Less than 1 day
- 75% of applications: Less than 1 day
- 90% of applications: Less than 1 day
Travellers who are exempt from travel restrictions will be prioritised in the que.
651 Visa Obligations
- When granted your visa will be digitally linked to your passport
- You must obey Australian laws and meet all visa conditions
- You must not stay longer then 3 months at a time
- Inform the department if anything changes. This includes changes to your relationship status, the birth of a child (or stepchild) and any changes to personal details such as phone number, address or passport.
- Once this visa expires you cannot extend it, you must leave Australia and re-apply for a new visa
It is important you arrange to have health insurance when travelling as you are personally liable for any medical expenses including unforeseen circumstances. See more on health insurance for overseas visitors.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services