Evisitor (Subclass 651) Visa

What is the evisitor subclass 651?

The evisitor subclass 651 visa allows applicants to visit Australia as much as you’d like within a 12-month period with each stay being up to 3 months.

What can I do on the subclass 651 visa?

  • Travel to Australia, as a tourist, business visitor or to see family members/friends
  • Re-enter Australia as many times as you’d like in the 12-month duration (maximum 3 month stay at a time)
  • Undertake business training or study for a 3-month duration

Am I eligible for the subclass 651 visa?

  • Have an eligible, current passport
  • Be outside Australia when you apply and when The Department of Home Affairs makes a decision about your visa (do not arrange to travel until you receive a visa grant letter)
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Have the financial means to travel, support yourself while in Australia and leave Australia at the end of your stay
  • Be a genuine visitor, this means you only intend to stay in Australia for 3 months at a time and will obey any conditions attached to your visa
  • Have paid back any outstanding debt to the Australian government
  • If you are under 18, The Department of Home Affairs reserves the right to refuse this visa if they do not believe it is in your best interest

Note: You are not eligible if you apply with a certificate of identity, any other travel document or a non-citizen passport.

What countries are eligible for the 651 visa?

As of January  2023, The Department of Home Affairs current published list of eligible countries is as follows:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom – British Citizen, Vatican City

The following are not eligible passports for this visa:

  • British National Overseas,
  • British Dependent Territories Citizen,
  • British Overseas Citizen
  • British Protected Person
  • British Subject passport

Business visitors on the subclass 651 visa

Under this visa, as a business visitor you can make general business/employment enquiries, make or review business contracts, take part in activities as part of an official government visit, take part in a business seminar, conference or trade fair (this cannot be paid work)

You can’t work or provide a service to a business or organisation in Australia or sell goods and services to the Australia public directly. If you want to do short term work in Australia that is not considered being a business visitor or for an income apply for a Temporary Work Visa.

How much is the subclass 651 visa?

Free(Update date:2024.07)

How long does the subclass 651 visa last?

This is a temporary visa; with this visa you can visit Australia for up to 3 months at a time within a 12-month period. The 12 months starts on the date the visa is granted.

Note: if you enter Australia on a cruise, you will need a valid visa, for round trip cruises (from Australia and returning to Australia); any time on the cruise counts as time in Australia on your visa, the department considers this as not leaving Australia. Leaving Australia on a cruise and re-entering does not re-set the stay period.

What is the processing time for the subclass 651 visa?

  • 50% of applications: Less than 1 day
  • 90% of applications: Less than 1 day

(Update date:2024.07)

What are my obligations under the subclass 651 visa?

  • When granted your visa will be digitally linked to your passport
  • You must obey Australian laws and meet all visa conditions
  • You must not stay longer then 3 months at a time
  • Inform the department if anything changes. This includes changes to your relationship status, the birth of a child (or stepchild) and any changes to personal details such as phone number, address or passport.
  • Once this visa expires you cannot extend it, you must leave Australia and re-apply for a new visa

Health insurance under subclass 651

It is important you arrange to have health insurance when travelling as you are personally liable for any medical expenses including unforeseen circumstances. See more on health insurance for overseas visitors.

Scroll to Top