GLAZIERS measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
Occupation in this group:
Measures, cuts, finishes, fits and installs flat glass and mirrors.
Specialisations: Glass Beveller、Glass Embosser、Glass Etcher、Glass Silverer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services