Information after student visa submission

We can assist you with the following services at an additional cost, as applicable.

Note: The immigration department does not provide updates to visa application status or requests for priority processing.

Changes to your Circumstances update

New passport

​​You need to tell us when you get a new passport so that we can link it to your visa or application.

Personal details changed

​If your personal details such as your address, contact details or gender have changed, you can tell us about changes to your personal details in two ways.

Change to your sex and/or gender

If you are notifying us of a change to your sex and/or gender information, please provide one of the following as evidence of your sex and/or gender:

  • a statement from a Registered Medical Practitioner or a Registered Psychologist which specifies your gender
  • a valid Australian Government travel document, such as a valid passport, which specifies your gender
  • a state or territory birth certificate, which specifies your gender. A document from a state or territory Registrar of Birth Deaths and Marriages recognising a change of sex and/or gender will be seen as sufficient evidence.

Relationship change

You are required to inform the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) if you initiate or terminate a relationship with a partner.

Withdraw a visa application

Had a baby

 Study situation changed

Change courses

If you intend to change courses, it’s essential to ensure that you continue to fulfill the visa conditions. In certain situations, you may need to apply for a new visa.

Stop studying

Failure to attend or complete your enrolled course might result in a breach of your visa conditions.

Finish course early

If you complete your course ahead of schedule, it’s crucial to maintain compliance with your visa conditions.

Delay course start date

Should you decide to postpone your course start date after submitting a Student visa application, you must notify DHA before a decision is made on your application.

Defer studies

Deferment of studies is permissible only under specific circumstances, subject to DHA’s approval.

Change welfare arrangements

Approval from DHA is necessary if there are any changes to your welfare arrangements.

Please inform us if you intend to make changes to your educational situation before proceeding. It’s important to ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of your visa, as failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your visa.

Scroll to Top
error: Alert: Content is protected !!