Step 1: Enter the URL of the online application tax number https://www.ato.gov.au/
Step 2: Click on Individuals and select Apply for a TFN
Step 3: According to the applicant’s visa situation, select the appropriate category, foreign passport holders, permanent immigrants and short-term visitors choose the first item
Step 4: Click Apply online for a TFN after applying for three conditions for online tax identification.
- Applicant is a foreign passport holder, permanent immigrant or short-term visitor
- The applicant is already in Australia
- The visa held by the applicant is one of the following categories
- Permanent immigrant visa
- Visa with work permit
- International student visa
- Visa that allows applicants to stay in Australia indefinitely (including visas automatically granted by New Zealanders upon arrival)
Step 5: Click Next
Step 6: Fill in the applicant’s passport number or travel document number, select the country of the passport or travel document, have you visited Australia, choose Yes and click Next.
Step 7: Fill in the applicant’s name, previous name (if any), date of birth, gender, spouse’s name (if any)
Step 8: Select whether the applicant has applied for TFN or ABN before. If you have applied, please fill in TFN or ABN.
Choose whether the applicant has previously applied for a tax refund in Australia
Choose whether the applicant has a property in Australia or has other commercial interests
Whether to authorize ATO to send TFN to Centrelink, choose No
Step 9: Check the applicant’s information and click it
error: Alert: Content is protected !!