To be considered for this category you must meet all the following criteria:
- you must have been working in Tasmania for 6 months immediately prior to your application for state nomination.
Your employment needs to be at least 35 hours per week in one full-time job or in two or more part-time jobs and you are able to provide evidence of your employment claims (see Document Checklist – Employment for more details)
- you and your dependents must currently be living in Tasmania and provide evidence of genuine commitment to continue to live in Tasmania
- your employment must be in an occupation listed on the Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List (TSOL)
Please note the applicants must have the English Proficiency listed on TSOL, but not those listed in “Other requirements and notes”.
- your employment needs to be in your nominated occupation
- your employer must be a well-established business that has been actively operating in Tasmania for the past 12 months
- there must be a genuine, ongoing need for your position within the business (including a minimum 12 month contract with at least 3 months remaining at the time you apply for nomination).
The contract may be casual but must comply with the Fair Work Ombudsman’s National Employment Standards
- your wages and conditions must be no less favourable than those that would apply to an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and salary or wages are equivalent to the market salary rate (see the Document Checklist)
* Internships, stipends, scholarships and volunteer positions are not considered employment for the purpose of this category.
* Sole traders/subcontractors may be eligible for nomination under the Small Business Owner Category.
* There are areas of employment in Tasmania that are not supported for nomination under the ‘Working in Tasmania’ category. This includes employment relating to:
– service stations
– limited service restaurants**
– massage clinics
– taxi/uber driving
– sub-contracted cleaning, business maintenance or security work
** A limited service restaurant includes the following:
– fast food or takeaway food services
– fast casual restaurants that do not offer full table service
– drinking establishments that offer only a limited food service
– limited service cafes including, but not limited to coffee shops or mall cafés
– limited service pizza restaurants