AUDIOLOGISTS AND SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS/THERAPISTS provide diagnostic assessment, treatment, rehabilitative services and management of human hearing defects, and communication and swallowing impairments.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
· assessing and diagnosing the extent of client hearing loss using a wide range of techniques, including audiometric tests
· reporting results of assessments and tests in writing and making referrals to medical practitioners
· recommending solutions to those with hearing impairment including amplification, implantable devices, medical interventions and assistive listening devices and providing aural rehabilitation programs
· providing counselling, advice and information to clients and families as a part of overall treatment
· assisting with the development and management of noise control and hearing conservation strategies
· administering standardised and informal tests and observing clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties
· providing treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, or acquired as a result of injury or disease
· advising on the positioning of the body and on the textures of food and fluids which assists an individual to eat and swallow safely without choking
· providing information and education to health professionals, early childhood educators and teachers, and support and counselling to individuals affected by communication and swallowing difficulties, and to their families and carers.
Occupations in this group:
Provides diagnostic assessment and rehabilitative services related to human hearing defects.
（2）252712 SPEECH PATHOLOGIST / SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Alternative Title: Speech Therapist
Provides diagnostic assessment and management of disorders of communication and swallowing through direct intervention, education, consultancy, advocacy, or a combination of these approaches.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services