AUTOMOBILE DRIVERS drive motor cars to transport passengers to destinations.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- using mobile computer systems and radio networks to log into waiting passenger information
- picking up passengers at designated locations or when hailed
- checking passenger destinations and determining most appropriate route
- transporting passengers to desired destinations
- assisting passengers with luggage
- collecting fares and processing fare payments
- may collect and deliver parcels
Occupations in this group:
Drives a limousine, van or private car to transport passengers to destinations on a fee-for-service basis, usually on a long-term hiring arrangement. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisations: Hire Car Driver、Limousine Driver
（2）731112 TAXI DRIVER
Drives a taxi to transport passengers to destinations on a fee-for-service basis, usually on a short-term, metered fare hiring arrangement. Registration or licensing is required.
（3）731199 AUTOMOBILE DRIVERS NEC
This occupation group covers Automobile Drivers not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this group include: Oversize Load Pilot Escort、Rental Car Ferry Driver