BUILDING AND PLUMBING LABOURERS perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 5
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun’s chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and demolish multi-storey structures
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
Occupations in this group:
（1）821111 BUILDER’S LABOURER
Alternative Title: Construction Worker
Performs routine tasks in erecting and repairing structures and facilities on building and construction sites and in factories producing prefabricated building components.
Specialisations: Bricklayer’s Assistant、Carpenter’s Assistant、Tiler’s Assistant
（2）821112 DRAINAGE, SEWERAGE AND STORMWATER LABOURER
Performs routine tasks in maintaining drainage, sewerage and stormwater systems.
（3）821113 EARTHMOVING LABOURER
Performs routine tasks in excavating earth, clearing and levelling sites, and digging irrigation channels.
Specialisation: Grave Digger
（4）821114 PLUMBER’S ASSISTANT
Performs routine tasks in fabricating, laying, installing and maintaining pipes, fixtures, water meters and regulators.