CAFE WORKERS sell and serve food and beverages for consumption on premises in cafes and similar establishments.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 5
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- preparing and serving food and beverages for consumption on the premises
- taking customers’ food and beverage orders
- operating cash registers, accepting payments and preparing sales invoices
- clearing away used dishes and cutlery from tables when customers are finished
- cleaning and preparing tables for use
- washing dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils
- cleaning cafe equipment such as coffee grinders, espresso machines and ice makers
- participating in stocktakes and assisting in putting away new stock
- providing backup to other cafe employees
Occupation in this group:
431211 CAFE WORKER
Alternative Titles: Cafe Assistant、Cafe Attendant
Sells and serves food and beverages for consumption on premises in a cafe or similar establishment.
Specialisation: Canteen Attendant