METAL FITTERS AND MACHINISTS fit and assemble fabricated metal parts into products, set up machining tools, production machines and textile machines, and operate machining tools and machines to shape metal stock and castings.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
- diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- may erect machines and equipment on-site
Occupations in this group:
（1）323211 FITTER (GENERAL)
Fits and assembles metal parts and subassemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
Specialisations: Computer Numeric Control Setter、Diesel Fitter-Mechanic、Fitter-Machinist、Fitter-Mechanic、Maintenance Fitter、Mechanic (Diesel and Heavy Earthmoving Equipment)、Plant Mechanic
（2）323212 FITTER AND TURNER
Fits, assembles, grinds and shapes metal parts and subassemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
Specialisation: Fitter Armament (Army)
Fits, assembles and welds metal parts and subassemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
（4）323214 METAL MACHINIST (FIRST CLASS)
Sets up and operates machine tools to shape and form metal stock and castings to fine tolerances, using detailed drawings and specifications.
Specialisations: Aircraft Machinist、Automotive Machinist、Metal Machine Setter、Metal Turner、Milling Machinist、Vertical Borer
（5）323215 TEXTILE, CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR MECHANIC
Sets up, adjusts and maintains industrial or domestic sewing machines, or machines used in the production of yarn, textiles or footwear.
Specialisations: Loom Tuner、Sewing Machine Mechanic、Textile Machine Mechanic
（6）323299 METAL FITTERS AND MACHINISTS NEC
This occupation group covers Metal Fitters and Machinists not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Printing Engineer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services