CHECKOUT OPERATORS AND OFFICE CASHIERS operate cash registers and receive payments from customers, and issue receipts and return change due.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 5
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- scanning, weighing and recording prices of goods
- receiving and processing payments for goods and services by cash, cheques, gift vouchers, credit and debit cards and other payment types
- issuing sales dockets and giving change
- maintaining supplies of change, wrapping and other materials used at checkout
- counting and recording money received and balancing against register sales records, and preparing money for deposit in financial institutions
- recording and balancing petty cash disbursements
- operating a computer terminal to administer the store’s financial transaction system
- cashing authorised cheques
Occupations in this group:
（1）631111 CHECKOUT OPERATOR
Operates cash registers and receives payments for goods purchased by customers.
Specialisation: Service Station Console Operator
（2）631112 OFFICE CASHIER
Alternative Title: Cashier
Receives payments from customers, issues receipts, returns change due, and meets the public and explains charging and billing policy.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services