EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHERS teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to early childhood (pre-primary) students and promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students’ development
- providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
- observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students’ progress
- discussing students’ progress with parents
- attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
- participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
- supervising student teachers on placement
Occupations in this group:
（1）241111 EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER
Alternative Title: Kindergarten Teacher
Plans, organises and conducts activities to help pre-primary school students to develop a wide variety of skills including speech, reading, writing, motor skills and social interaction. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisation: Preschool Director
（2）241112 KAIAKO KOHANGA REO (MAORI LANGUAGE NEST TEACHER)
Works with whanau (family) to care for young children in a Kohanga Reo (Maori language nest) and helps them understand Maori language and customs.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services