PRISON OFFICERS supervise and control the activities of inmates in prisons and other correctional institutions.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- observing the conduct and behaviour of prisoners to prevent disturbances and escapes
- inspecting and maintaining the security of locks, window bars, grilles, doors and gates
- supervising prisoners during work assignments, recreational periods, sporting activities and meals
- assisting with the implementation of education, rehabilitation and other programs organised for prisoners
- searching prisoners and cells for weapons, drugs and other contraband items
- patrolling assigned areas and reporting breaches of rules, unsatisfactory attitudes and prisoner adjustment problems
- requisitioning prisoners’ clothing, toiletries, reading material and other allowable items
- supervising prisoners in transit between courts, prisons and other facilities
Occupation in this group:
442111 PRISON OFFICER
Alternative Title: Correctional Officer、Corrections Officer
Supervises and controls the activities of inmates in a prison or other correctional institution.
Specialisation: Custodial Officer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services