ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADES WORKERS prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- installing conductors and aerial equipment, and underground cables and equipment
- installing and maintaining equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attending to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- maintaining poles and associated hardware, and continuity of electrical supply and street lighting
- conducting routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply network
- conducting low-voltage switching operations
- fitting pole hardware and crossarms
- preparing low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- using heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue meter installation
Occupations in this group:
（1）342211 ELECTRICAL LINESWORKER / ELECTRICAL LINE MECHANIC
Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Electrical Linesworker (Distribution) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Distribution)、Electrical Linesworker (Transmission) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Transmission)、Railway Traction Line Worker
（2）342212 TECHNICAL CABLE JOINTER
Joins insulated electric power cables installed in underground conduits and trenches, and prepares cable terminations for connection to electrical equipment and overhead lines. Registration or licensing may be required.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services