ELECTRONICS TRADES WORKERS maintain, adjust and repair electronic equipment such as business machines, video and audio equipment, and electronic instruments and control systems, and transmit and receive radio messages.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
Occupations in this group:
（1）342311 BUSINESS MACHINE MECHANIC
Alternative Titles: Office Equipment Technician、Office Machine Technician
Installs, maintains and repairs electronic business equipment such as multi-function devices, photocopiers, scanners, fax machines and cash registers.
Specialisation: Photocopier Technician
（2）342312 COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR
Transmits and receives radio messages by use of morse code, voice and radio teletype.
Specialisations: Communication Information Systems Sailor (Navy)、Communications and Information Systems Controller (Air Force)、Operator Specialist Communications (Army)
（3）342313 ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT TRADES WORKER
Installs, maintains and repairs electronic equipment and systems such as audio and visual reproduction equipment, home entertainment systems, computers and electronic security systems.
Specialisations: Audiovisual Technician、Fire Alarm Technician、Home Theatre Technician、Security Technician、Video Technician
（4）342314 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (GENERAL)
Alternative Title: Instrument and Control Service Person
Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs electronic instruments and control systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Communication Electronic Technician (Air Force)、Electronic Technician (Navy)
（5）342315 ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENT TRADES WORKER (SPECIAL CLASS)
Alternative Title: Industrial Measurement and Control Technician
Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs complex electronic instruments and control systems which involve a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles. Registration or licensing may be required.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services