GENERAL MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and review the day-to-day operations and major functions of commercial, industrial, government and defence organisations through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- may undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
Occupations in this group:
（1）111211 CORPORATE GENERAL MANAGER
Alternative Title: Chief Operating Officer
Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of a commercial, industrial, governmental or other organisation through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
Specialisations: Assistant Commissioner (Police)、Hospital Administrator、Kaiwhakahaere (NZ)、Managing Editor、Trade Union Secretary
（2）111212 DEFENCE FORCE SENIOR OFFICER
Alternative Titles: Air Force Senior Officer、Army Senior Officer、Navy Senior Officer
Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of organisational units of the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces through subordinate officers.
Specialisations: Air Chief Marshal (Air Force)、Air Commodore (Air Force)、Air Marshal (Air Force)、Air Vice Marshal (Air Force)、Group Captain (Air Force)、Wing Commander (Air Force)、Brigadier (Army)、Colonel (Army)、General (Army)、Lieutenant Colonel (Army)、Lieutenant General (Army)、Major General (Army)、Admiral (Navy)、Captain (Navy)、Commander (Navy)、Commodore (Navy)、Rear Admiral (Navy)、Vice Admiral (Navy)
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services