INSPECTORS AND REGULATORY OFFICERS administer and enforce government and corporate regulations and standards.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants’ ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants’ suitability to hold learner’s permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner’s permits and probationary licences
- identifying pest and weed problems and determining treatments and management
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
Occupations in this group:
（1）599511 CUSTOMS OFFICER
Alternative Title: Customs Inspector
Administers and enforces customs and related legislation, and assists with customs control of overseas passengers, crew, aircraft, ships, cargo, mail and bond stores.
Specialisation: Customs Investigator
（2）599512 IMMIGRATION OFFICER
Examines and assesses the entry of people from other countries, administers visas and residency applications according to immigration legislation, rules and policies, and, where necessary, uses legal powers to detain and remove illegal entrants.
（3）599513 MOTOR VEHICLE LICENCE EXAMINER
Tests motor vehicle driving licence applicants and issues learner’s permits and probationary licences. Registration or licensing is required.
（4）599514 NOXIOUS WEEDS AND PEST INSPECTOR
Alternative Title: Biosecurity Officer (Weeds and Pests)
Inspects and monitors plants, land and water for noxious plants and animal species, and organises for their control or eradication.
（5）599515 SOCIAL SECURITY ASSESSOR
Assesses social welfare claims and entitlements under government legislation and investigates fraud and suspected breaches of legislation.
（6）599516 TAXATION INSPECTOR
Inspects and assesses taxation returns to ensure compliance with government legislation, and investigates suspected breaches of taxation legislation.
（7）599517 TRAIN EXAMINER
Inspects rolling stock in railway yards, terminals and stations to ensure adherence to safety standards and operational rules and regulations.
Specialisation: Locomotive Inspector
（8）599518 TRANSPORT OPERATIONS INSPECTOR
Monitors scheduled train, tram and bus services and investigates accidents, complaints and service disruptions.
Specialisations: Bus Inspector、Tram Inspector
（9）599521 WATER INSPECTOR
Monitors the allocation and use of water from water resources such as streams, rivers and underground sources.
Specialisations: Boring Inspector、Stream Control Officer
（10）599599 INSPECTORS AND REGULATORY OFFICERS NEC
This occupation group covers Inspectors and Regulatory Officers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Animal Management Officer、Trade Mark Examiner、Weights and Measures Inspector、Assessment and Compliance Officer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services