JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS research and compile news stories, write and edit news reports, commentaries and feature stories for presentation in print and electronic media, and compose written material to advertise goods and services.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining advertising approach by consulting clients and management, and studying products to establish principal selling features
- writing advertisements for press, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues and shop displays
- making decisions about the specific content of publications in conjunction with other senior editors and in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines
- reviewing copy for publication to ensure conformity with accepted rules of grammar, style and format, coherence of story, and accuracy, legality and probity of content
- collecting and analysing facts about newsworthy events from interviews, printed matter, investigations and observations
- writing news reports, commentaries, articles and feature stories for newspapers, magazines, journals, television and radio on topics of public interest
- researching and writing technical, information-based material and documentation for manuals, text books, handbooks and multimedia products
- critically discussing daily news topics in the editorial columns of newspapers and reviewing books, films and plays
Occupations in this group:
Designs and composes written material to advertise products and services.
（2）212412 NEWSPAPER OR PERIODICAL EDITOR
Alternative Title: Associate Editor
Plans and directs editing of a publication, such as a newspaper, magazine or journal, in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines and accepted rules of grammar, style and format prior to printing and distribution.
Specialisations: Features Editor、News Editor、Pictures Editor、Subeditor、Website/Blog Editor
（3）212413 PRINT JOURNALIST
Collects and analyses facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation and observation and writes stories for newspapers, magazines or journals.
Specialisations: Columnist、Feature Writer、Leader Writer、Newspaper Reporter
（4）212414 RADIO JOURNALIST
Alternative Title: Radio Reporter
Collects and analyses facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation and observation and writes stories for radio news or current affairs programs.
（5）212415 TECHNICAL WRITER
Researches and writes technical information-based material and documentation for articles, manuals, text books, handbooks, or multimedia products, usually for education or corporate purposes.
（6）212416 TELEVISION JOURNALIST
Alternative Title: Television Reporter
Collects and analyses facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation and observation and writes stories for television news or current affairs programs.
（7）212499 JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS NEC
This occupation group covers Journalists and Other Writers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Blogger、Critic、Editorial Assistant、Photo Journalist、Vlogger
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services