PERFORMING ARTS TECHNICIANS provide technical and other assistance for the production, recording and broadcasting of artistic performances.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating microwave equipment to transmit video information to transmitter sites and receiving video signals from remote locations
- maintaining and repairing radio and television transmitters and associated equipment
- selecting and attaching equipment to cameras, positioning cameras, and following the action of scenes being photographed while adjusting controls
- positioning equipment, such as spotlights, floodlights and cables, and operating lights during filming, broadcasting and stage performances
- applying and retouching make up during shooting and performance, including special effects make up such as scars and wounds
- designing and making musical instruments and instrument parts using specially selected materials and techniques similar to those used in cabinetmaking, metal pipe making, silversmithing and wood carving, and tuning and repairing musical instruments
- setting up and adjusting equipment such as microphones, and operating sound mixing consoles and associated equipment to regulate volume and sound quality
- selecting and setting up television recording, editing and mixing equipment, and adjusting and monitoring their operation
Occupations in this group:
（1）399511 BROADCAST TRANSMITTER OPERATOR
Operates consoles to control radio or television broadcast transmitters.
（2）399512 CAMERA OPERATOR (FILM, TELEVISION OR VIDEO)
Sets up and operates cameras to photograph scenes for film, television or video productions.
Specialisation: Focus Puller (Film)
（3）399513 LIGHT TECHNICIAN
Positions and controls lighting equipment for film, television or video productions or stage performances.
（3）399514 MAKE UP ARTIST
Designs and applies make up to actors, presenters and other performing artists.
（4）399515 MUSICAL INSTRUMENT MAKER OR REPAIRER
Builds, repairs and restores musical instruments, and modifies and tunes them to owners’ specifications.
Specialisation: Piano Tuner
（5）399516 SOUND TECHNICIAN
Operates audio equipment to record, enhance, mix and amplify sound in support of television, radio, film or video productions, or stage performances.
Specialisations: Audio Operator、Dubbing Machine Operator、Foley Artist、Re-recording Mixer、Sound Editor、Sound Effects Person、Sound Mixer、Sound Recordist、Video and Sound Recorder
（6）399517 TELEVISION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Operates television equipment to record, edit, mix and prepare material for broadcast.
Specialisation: Vision Mixer
（7）399599 PERFORMING ARTS TECHNICIANS NEC
This occupation group covers Performing Arts Technicians not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Continuity Person、Microphone Boom Operator、Performing Arts Road Manager、Special Effects Person、Theatrical Dresser
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services