RAILWAY TRACK WORKERS lay and repair tracks for railways, tramways, quarries and mines, and install and repair signals and other equipment.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- spreading and tamping ballast to provide firm foundation for sleepers
- cutting rails to length and grinding worn and rough rail ends
- placing sleepers across roadbeds, and positioning and fastening rails on sleepers
- drilling bolt holes, and bolting and welding rail sections
- removing and replacing worn and damaged rails, sleepers and switches
- cleaning and lubricating switches
- examining track, lubricating wheel bearings on rolling stock and maintaining switch signal lamps
- installing and repairing signals and other equipment
- may assist with the righting of derailed rolling stock
Occupation in this group:
821611 RAILWAY TRACK WORKER
Lays and repairs tracks for railways, tramways, quarries and mines, and installs and repairs signals and other equipment.
Specialisation: Track Inspector
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services