SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
Occupations in this group:
（1）261311 ANALYST PROGRAMMER
Alternative Title: Programmer Analyst
Analyses user needs, produces requirements documentation and system plans, and encodes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents programs and applications.
（2）261312 DEVELOPER PROGRAMMER
Alternative Titles: Applications Developer、ICT Developer、ICT Programmer
Interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications, constructs technical specifications from a business functional model, and tests and writes technical documentation.
Specialisations: Communications Programmer (Systems)、Database Developer、Database Programmer (Systems)、Network Programmer、Software Developer、Software Programmer
（3）261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Alternative Titles: Software Architect、Software Designer
Designs, develops, modifies, documents, tests, implements, installs and supports software applications and systems.
Specialisations: Computer Applications Engineer、Database Designer、Systems Architect
（4）261314 SOFTWARE TESTER
Specifies, develops and writes test plans and test scripts, produces test cases, carries out regression testing, and uses automated test software applications to test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of computer software, and documents the results of tests in defect reports and related documentation.
（5）261399 SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS NEC
This occupation group covers Software and Applications Programmers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: No occupations have currently been identified for this residual category.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services