SURGEONS perform surgery to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, and improve human functioning and appearance. Medical Registrars training as Surgeons are included in this unit group.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training
- At least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- examining patients to determine the necessity of operations, estimating and explaining risks to patients, and selecting the best operational procedures
- reviewing reports on patients’ general physical condition, reactions to medications and medical histories
- consulting with Anaesthetists regarding the correct anaesthesia for patients
- performing surgical operations
- examining instruments, equipment, and surgical set-up to ensure that antiseptic and aseptic methods have been followed
- instructing other medical, nursing and associated staff regarding the preparation of patients and instrument and equipment requirements
- prescribing post-operative care, and observing and investigating patients’ progress
- maintaining records of operations performed
- may specialise in particular types of operations
Occupations in this group:
（1）253511 SURGEON (GENERAL)
Performs surgery to correct diseases and disorders covering a broad range of medical conditions. Registration or licensing is required.
（2）253512 CARDIOTHORACIC SURGEON
Performs heart and lung surgery. Registration or licensing is required.
Performs surgery to correct disorders of the brain, spine and nervous system. Registration or licensing is required.
（4）253514 ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Performs surgery to treat muscular and skeletal diseases and injuries. Registration or licensing is required.
Alternative Titles: Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist、Head and Neck Surgeon
Performs surgery to correct diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat. Registration or licensing is required.
（6）253516 PAEDIATRIC SURGEON
Provides surgical care and treatment to children from birth up to, and including, adolescence. Registration or licensing is required.
（7）253517 PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGEON
Performs surgery to repair and reconstruct muscle and tissue injuries and congenital deformities. Registration or licensing is required.
Provides medical and surgical treatment to patients with disorders of the kidney, urinary bladder and urethra, and treats disorders of the male sex organs. Registration or licensing is required.
（9）253521 VASCULAR SURGEON
Performs surgery to treat patients with conditions affecting their arteries and veins. Registration or licensing is required.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services