TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICAL SPECIALISTS develop, monitor and carry out technical support functions for telecommunications networks and install computer equipment, computer systems and microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 2
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
- configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
- developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
- providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
- planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
- liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
- providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
Occupations in this group:
（1）313211 RADIOCOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN
Installs, maintains, repairs and diagnoses malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems.
（2）313212 TELECOMMUNICATIONS FIELD ENGINEER
Plans, designs, commissions and monitors complex telecommunications networks and associated equipment, provides technical advice and information, and identifies complex problems and initiates action to resolve them.
（3）313213 TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK PLANNER
Plans the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure.
（4）313214 TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICAL OFFICER OR TECHNOLOGIST
Carries out specialised design and support functions in telecommunications engineering including optimisation and performance monitoring of telecommunications networks, diagnosis and repair of faults, and the selection and installation of equipment.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services