VETERINARIANS diagnose, treat and prevent animal diseases, ailments and injuries.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- treating animals medically and surgically, and administering and prescribing drugs, analgesics, and general and local anaesthetics
- determining the presence and nature of abnormal conditions by physical examination, laboratory testing and through diagnostic imaging techniques including radiography and ultrasound
- performing surgery, dressing wounds and setting broken bones
- rendering obstetric services to animals
- participating in programs designed to prevent the occurrence and spread of animal diseases
- inoculating animals against, and testing for, infectious diseases and notifying authorities of outbreaks of infectious animal diseases
- performing autopsies to determine cause of death
- advising clients on health, nutrition and feeding, hygiene, breeding and care of animals
- may provide professional services to commercial firms producing biological and pharmaceutical products
- may specialise in the treatment of a particular animal group or in a particular specialty area such as cardiology, chiropractic, dermatology or critical care
Occupation in this group:
Alternative Title: Veterinary Surgeon
Diagnoses, treats and prevents animal diseases, ailments and injuries. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisations: Veterinary Parasitologist、Veterinary Pathologist
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services