What is the Subclass 491 visa?
On 16 November 2019 the Subclass 491 visa replaced the Subclass 489 visa.
As a Subclass 491 visa holder:
– You can stay in Australia for 5 years from the date of visa grant
– Live, work and study in a designated regional area
– Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
You can only apply for a Subclass 491 visa if you are invited. To be invited to apply, you must either be nominated by an Australia state or territory government agency or indicate that you will be sponsored by an eligible relative.
What parts of Australia are considered as regional areas?
Any part of Australia excluding Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
How will points be allocated?
The Subclass 491 visa is points-tested visa. This means that when you submit your EOI (Expression of Interest) you will be given indicative points score based on the information you provide. The threshold is 65 points. If you do not obtain 65 points you will not be invited to apply.
You can click on the following link to calculate how many points can be awarded: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator
Can a Subclass 491 visa holder apply for other visa subclasses?
You can provided you have held your Subclass 491 visa for 3 years and have complied with your visa conditions.
I have a Subclass 491 visa. How can I transition to PR?
You may apply for permanent residency, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (Subclass 191). To apply for a Subclass 191 you must:
– Have lived for at least 3 years in a designated regional area and have a taxable income at or at least above a specific income threshold for at least 3 years
– Both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa they hold or have held.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services