CANVAS AND LEATHER GOODS MAKERS make and repair boots, shoes, leather goods, canvas and sailcloth articles, and related products.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- cutting and preparing canvas, leather and sailcloth to design specifications, patterns and drawings
- sewing, gluing and riveting sections of canvas together to make articles such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins and horse rugs
- attaching grommets, fastenings and other fittings to canvas goods
- joining parts of leather articles using rivets, hand sewing, sewing machines, tools and adhesive
- restoring and repairing leather articles
- fabricating sails
- designing patterns and prototypes of boots and shoes
- making and grading patterns using manual and computerised methods
- clicking synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand and machine
- altering and repairing footwear
Occupations in this group:
（1）393111 CANVAS GOODS FABRICATOR
Alternative Title: Canvas Goods Maker
Fabricates and repairs canvas and related products such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins, horse rugs and caravan annexes.
（2）393112 LEATHER GOODS MAKER
Fabricates and repairs leather articles such as wallets, cases, harnesses and saddlery.
（3）393113 SAIL MAKER
Fabricates and repairs sails and other articles from sailcloth.
Makes and repairs boots or shoes.
Specialisations: Medical Grade Shoemaker、Shoe Repairer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services