UPHOLSTERERS make, rebuild and repair upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
Occupation in this group:
Makes, rebuilds and repairs upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
Specialisations: Furniture Upholsterer、Mattress Maker
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services