CLAY, CONCRETE, GLASS AND STONE PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines to manufacture and finish a variety of clay, concrete, glassware and stone products by extruding, shaping, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- monitoring the flow of clay and other raw materials and products into machines, and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut and worked
- operating concrete mixing, stacking and splitting machines
- setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- setting up and operating glass-making machines to produce molten glass, and regulating temperature of molten glass
- pressing and blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- collecting and examining samples for conformity to specifications and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- setting grinding and cutting edges
- using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish roughly hewn stone to finished condition
Occupations in this group:
（1）711111 CLAY PRODUCTS MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates machines to manufacture clay products, such as bricks, tiles, insulators, porcelain and pottery, by shaping and firing clay.
Specialisations: Brick Extruder Operator、Porcelain Turner、Slip Caster
（2）711112 CONCRETE PRODUCTS MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates machines to manufacture moulded concrete products such as cement pipes and fittings, concrete railway sleepers, concrete bricks, tiles and paving blocks, structural beams, building panels and cast products.
Specialisations: Concrete Pipe Machine Operator、Concrete Precast Moulder、Concrete Tile Machine Operator
（3）711113 GLASS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates machines to manufacture molten glass and shape glassware products such as containers, sheet glass, structural and stained glass, glass lenses and prisms.
Specialisations: Glass Furnace Operator、Glass Laminating Operator、Glass Maker、Glass Melt Operator、Glass Toughening Operator、Glassware Maker
（4）711114 STONE PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates machines to cut and finish stones for tiles, building blocks and facings.
Specialisations: Marble Cutter、Stone Polisher、Stone Sawyer
（5）711199 CLAY, CONCRETE, GLASS AND STONE PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS NEC
This occupation group covers Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Brake Lining Maker、Fibre Cement Moulder、Plaster Caster、Plaster Machine Operator
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services