CLOTHING TRADES WORKERS prepare and cut garment patterns and fabric, and make and repair garments.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
Occupations in this group:
（1）393211 APPAREL CUTTER
Lays out, marks and cuts fabric to form parts of garments.
（2）393212 CLOTHING PATTERNMAKER
Draws sets of master patterns following sketches, sample articles and design specifications, and cuts out patterns for garments.
Specialisations: Pattern Grader (Clothing)、Patternmaker-Grader
（3）393213 DRESSMAKER OR TAILOR
Makes, alters and repairs women’s and men’s tailored garments, formal wear, couturier clothing, and special occasion wear such as suits, dresses, coats, evening wear and bridal wear.
Specialisations: Costume Maker、Wardrobe Assistant、Wardrobe Coordinator
（4）393299 CLOTHING TRADES WORKERS NEC
This occupation group covers Clothing Trades Workers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Milliner
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services