CROP FARMERS plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to grow crops.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Occupations in this group:
（1）121211 COTTON GROWER
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow cotton.
（2）121212 FLOWER GROWER
Alternative Title: Floriculturist
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs planting, cultivating and harvesting activities to grow flowering and foliage plants.
Specialisation: Market Gardener (Flowers) (Aus)
（3）121213 FRUIT OR NUT GROWER
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow fruit and nuts.
Specialisations: Market Gardener (Fruit) (Aus)、Olive Grower、Orchardist
（4）121214 GRAIN, OILSEED OR PASTURE GROWER / FIELD CROP GROWER
Alternative Title: Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Manager
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow grain, oilseed, protein and pasture crops.
Specialisations: Lucerne Farmer、Soybean Grower、Wheat Farmer
（5）121215 GRAPE GROWER
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow table or wine grapes.
（6）121216 MIXED CROP FARMER
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow a variety of crops.
（7）121217 SUGAR CANE GROWER
Alternative Title: Sugar Cane Farm Manager
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow sugar cane.
（8）121218 TURF GROWER
Alternative Title: Turf Farmer
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow turf.
（9）121221 VEGETABLE GROWER (AUS) / MARKET GARDENER (NZ)
Alternative Title: Vegetable Farm Manager
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming, greenhouse and market garden operations to grow vegetables.
Specialisation: Market Gardener (Vegetables) (Aus)
（10）121299 CROP FARMERS NEC
This occupation group covers Crop Farmers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Coffee Grower、Ginger Farmer、Hop Farmer、Mushroom Grower、Tea Tree Farmer、Tree Farmer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services