FORESTRY AND LOGGING WORKERS perform routine tasks associated in cultivating and maintaining natural and plantation forests, and logging, felling and sawing trees.
Tree Surgeons are excluded from this unit group. Tree Surgeons are included in Unit Group 3622 Gardeners, in Occupation 362212 Arborist.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- maintaining forest roads, buildings, facilities, signs and equipment
- killing weeds, felling and de-barking non-productive trees and thinning young plantations
- collecting seeds, and cultivating and planting seedlings for reafforestation purposes
- applying fertilisers, insecticides and herbicides to individual trees and general forest areas
- maintaining look-out for fires in forests
- removing major branches and tree tops, trimming branches and sawing trunks into logs
- assisting with loading and transporting logs
- planning the felling of trees and determining the natural and intended fall of each tree
- clearing surrounding area of saplings and debris prior to tree-felling
- operating and maintaining manual and machine saws to fell trees and to cut felled trees into logs
Occupations in this group:
（1）841311 FORESTRY WORKER
Assists with cultivating, maintaining and protecting forests. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Fire Lookout、Forestry Tree Pruner、Tree Planter、Tree Thinner (NZ)
（2）841312 LOGGING ASSISTANT
Alternative Title: Logger
Assists with logging, felling and sawing of trees in forests.
Specialisation: Sleeper Cutter
（3）841313 TREE FALLER
Alternative Title: Tree Feller
Fells trees in forests, and trims and saws them into logs. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Hardwood Faller、Softwood Faller
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services