ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 2
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining websites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
Occupations in this group:
（1）313111 HARDWARE TECHNICIAN
Supports and maintains computer systems and peripherals by installing, configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware.
（2）313112 ICT CUSTOMER SUPPORT OFFICER
Alternative Titles: ICT Help Desk Officer、ICT Help Desk Technician、Systems Support Officer
Provides support, education and guidance in the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues. May work in a call centre.
Specialisations: Network Support Technician、Operator Command Support Systems (Army)
（3）313113 WEB ADMINISTRATOR
Alternative Title: Web Master
Designs, builds and maintains websites, and provides web technology solutions and services.
（4）313199 ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS NEC
This occupation group covers ICT Support Technicians not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Applications Packager、Computer Systems Technician
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services