KEYBOARD OPERATORS input and process text and data, and prepare, edit and generate documents for storage, processing, publication and transmission.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- entering data and codes required to process information
- retrieving, confirming and updating data in storage and keeping records of data input
- taking verbatim records of proceedings in rapid shorthand using computerised equipment and shorthand-writing machines
- transcribing information recorded in shorthand and on sound recording equipment, and proofreading and correcting copy
- reading portions of transcripts during trials and other proceedings on request of Judges and other officials
- reproducing the spoken word, environmental sounds and song lyrics as captions for television programming, and the deaf and hearing impaired
- preparing reports, letters and similar material for publication and electronic transmission
- sorting outgoing material and preparing documents for transmission
Occupations in this group:
（1）532111 DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
Alternative Title: Data Processing Operator
Operates a keyboard to input and transfer data into a computer for storage, processing and transmission.
（2）532112 MACHINE SHORTHAND REPORTER
Records and reproduces the spoken word in court and parliamentary proceedings, television programming and for the deaf and hearing impaired using handwritten shorthand, stenotype shorthand machines, computer-assisted transcription software and sound recording equipment.
Specialisations: Braille Transcriber、Court Reporter、Hansard Reporter、Realtime Reporter、Stenocaptioner
（3）532113 WORD PROCESSING OPERATOR
Alternative Title: Typist
Operates a computer to type, edit and generate a variety of documents and reports.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services