LIBRARIANS develop, organise and manage library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
Teacher-Librarians are excluded from this unit group. Teacher-Librarians are included in Minor Group 241 School Teachers.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- developing and implementing library and information policies and services
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers’ representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
- undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
- selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
- monitoring collection development and culling programs
- supervising and training other library staff
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
Occupation in this group:
Develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Acquisitions Librarian、Audiovisual Librarian、Bibliographer、Cataloguer、Children’s Librarian、Corporate Librarian、Legal Librarian、Multicultural Services Librarian、Parliamentary Librarian、Reference Librarian、Special Librarian、Special Needs Librarian
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services