WOOD MACHINISTS AND OTHER WOOD TRADES WORKERS set up and operate woodworking machines and wood turning lathes to shape wood stock, finish and polish furniture, and make picture frames and frame paintings, photographs and other artwork.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- determining tooling and machine requirements and sequence of operations
- setting up woodworking machines and wood stock for correct cutting, planning, turning, shaping and sanding
- operating machines to cut, plane, turn, shape and sand work pieces
- removing old finishes by stripping with steel wool and glasspaper, and by applying solvents and paint strippers, and removing softened finishes by scraping
- applying varnish, shellac, lacquer, stains and paint to surfaces and polishing and waxing finished surfaces
- fitting and fastening frame pieces
- mounting backing materials and subjects for framing
Occupations in this group:
（1）394211 FURNITURE FINISHER
Applies finishes, such as stain, lacquer, paint, oil and varnish, to furniture, and polishes and waxes finished furniture surfaces.
Specialisation: French Polisher
（2）394212 PICTURE FRAMER
Cuts out and assembles mouldings to make picture frames, and frames paintings, photographs, needlework and other artwork.
（3）394213 WOOD MACHINIST
Cuts, planes, turns, shapes and sands wood stock to specifications.
Specialisations: Automatic Profile Sander Operator、Copy Lathe Operator、Edge Bander Operator、Jigmaker (Wood)、Panel Saw Operator、Woodworking Machine Setter
（4）394214 WOOD TURNER
Operates wood turning lathes to turn and shape wood stock.
（5）394299 WOOD MACHINISTS AND OTHER WOOD TRADES WORKERS NEC
This occupation group covers Wood Machinists and Wood Trades Workers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Cane Furniture Maker、Cooper、Wood Model Maker
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services