LIVESTOCK FARM WORKERS perform routine tasks in livestock, egg and wool production.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 5
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of livestock
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- washing and cleaning udders, and attaching milking machines to udders and milking cows
- collecting eggs and placing in incubators
- herding sheep for shearing and keeping mobs separate during shearing
- spreading fleeces on skirting tables for classing, pressing wool and branding bales
- exercising horses by walking, riding, leading and swimming, and attending to horses at track work, barrier trials and races
- cleaning stables and hatcheries, storing bedding and performing minor repairs on fixtures, buildings and fences
- assembling, preparing and storing horse gear
Occupations in this group:
（1）841511 BEEF CATTLE FARM WORKER
Performs routine tasks on a beef cattle farm such as feeding, mustering and moving cattle, and assisting with animal husbandry.
（2）841512 DAIRY CATTLE FARM WORKER
Performs routine tasks on a dairy farm such as herding and milking cattle.
（3）841513 MIXED LIVESTOCK FARM WORKER
Performs routine tasks on a mixed livestock farm such as moving, feeding and counting livestock, and assisting with animal husbandry.
（4）841514 POULTRY FARM WORKER
Performs routine tasks on a poultry farm such as collecting eggs and placing them in incubators, providing poultry with feed and water, and disinfecting hatcheries to prevent disease.
（5）841515 SHEEP FARM WORKER
Performs routine tasks on a sheep farm such as herding sheep into pens in preparation for branding, shearing, crutching, dipping and yarding for sale.
Assists with handling of horses and maintaining and cleaning stables.
Specialisations: Horse Stud Worker、Track Rider
（7）841517 WOOL HANDLER
Alternative Titles: Shearing Shed Hand、Shearing Shed Worker
Regulates the flow of sheep to be shorn, keeps the shearing shed clean and tidy, and assists with wool clip preparation.
（8）841599 LIVESTOCK FARM WORKERS NEC
This occupation group covers Livestock Farm Workers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Deer Farm Worker、Emu Farm Worker、Goat Herder、Ostrich Farm Worker、Piggery Worker
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services