PHYSIOTHERAPISTS assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients
- designing treatment programs to address patients’ problems
- treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardiothoracic, cardiovascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, and improve balance and coordination
- using the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, cold, massage, manipulation, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, ultraviolet and infra-red light and ultrasound in the treatment of patients
- reviewing, continually monitoring, assessing and evaluating programs and treatments
- consulting with other Health Professionals as required about patients’ problems, needs and progress
- instructing patients and their families in procedures to be continued at home
- recording treatments given and patients’ responses and progress
- developing and implementing screening and preventative health promotion programs
Occupation in this group:
Alternative Title: Physical Therapist
Assesses, treats and prevents disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisations: Aquatic Physiotherapist、Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist、Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapist、Gerentological Physiotherapist、Maori Physiotherapist (NZ)、Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist、Neurological Physiotherapist、Occupational Health Physiotherapist、Paediatric Physiotherapist、Sports Physiotherapist
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services