MAIL SORTERS receive, sort and despatch mail in organisations and postal sorting centres.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 5
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- receiving and checking incoming mail and mail bags
- assisting with the verification of registered and special articles
- operating mail processing equipment such as letter preparation lines, letter indexing and sorting equipment
- performing manual sorting duties and preparing documentation for despatching mail
- processing underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- operating letter indexing and sorting machines, multi-line optical character machines and bar-coding equipment
- investigating complaints regarding lost items
Occupations in this group:
（1）561411 MAIL CLERK
Alternative Title: Mail Officer
Collects, sorts and despatches mail within an organisation.
（2）561412 POSTAL SORTING OFFICER
Receives, sorts and despatches mail in a post office or postal sorting centre.
Specialisation: Parcel Post Officer
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services