MOTOR MECHANICS repair, maintain and test motor vehicle and other internal combustion engines and related mechanical components.
Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters are excluded from this unit group. Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters are included in Unit Group 8994 Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- detecting and diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults in engines and parts
- dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed
- performing scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations
- reassembling engines and parts after being repaired
- testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance
- diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers
- may inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness
- may respond to vehicle breakdown service calls
Occupations in this group:
（1）321211 MOTOR MECHANIC (GENERAL)
Alternative Title: Automotive Light Mechanic
Maintains, tests and repairs petrol engines and the mechanical parts of lightweight motor vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Automatic Transmission Mechanic、Automotive Airconditioning Mechanic、Brake Mechanic、Ground Support Equipment Fitter (Air Force)、Roadside Mechanic、Vehicle Mechanic (Army)
（2）321212 DIESEL MOTOR MECHANIC
Maintains, tests and repairs diesel motors and the mechanical parts of trucks, buses and other heavy vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisation: Automotive Heavy Mechanic
（3）321213 MOTORCYCLE MECHANIC
Maintains, tests and repairs the mechanical parts of motorcycles. Registration or licensing may be required.
（4）321214 SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Maintains, tests and repairs engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Chainsaw Mechanic、Lawnmower Mechanic、Outboard Motor Mechanic
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services