NURSING SUPPORT AND PERSONAL CARE WORKERS provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3、4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients’ condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
Occupations in this group:
（1）423311 HOSPITAL ORDERLY
Alternative Titles: Patient Services Assistant、Wardsperson
Assists with the provision of care to patients in a hospital by ensuring wards are neat and tidy, lifting and turning patients and transporting them in wheelchairs or on movable beds, and providing direct care and support.
（2）423312 NURSING SUPPORT WORKER
Alternative Titles: Assistant in Nursing、Nurses’ Aide (NZ)
Provides limited patient care under the direction of nursing staff.
Specialisation: Paramedical Aide
（3）423313 PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
Provides routine personal care services to people in a range of health care facilities or in a person’s home.
Specialisation: Health Care Assistant
（4）423314 THERAPY AIDE
Alternative Title: Therapist’s Assistant
Assists therapists in providing therapy programs and in the direct care of their patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Diversional Therapist’s Assistant、Occupational Therapist’s Assistant、Physiotherapist’s Assistant
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services