NUTRITION PROFESSIONALS apply the science of human nutrition to assist people to attain better health and to help prevent and treat various illnesses and diseases.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- interpreting and communicating scientific information and providing advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- calculating nutritional values of food served
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training
- consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients
Occupations in this group:
Applies the science of human nutrition to help people understand the relationship between food and health and make appropriate dietary choices to attain and maintain health, and to prevent and treat illness and disease. Registration or licensing is required in New Zealand.
Integrates, disseminates and applies knowledge drawn from the relevant sciences to enhance positive effects of food on the health and well-being of human populations.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services