PRECISION METAL TRADES WORKERS fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
Occupations in this group:
Inscribes letters, figures and designs on metal, glass, wood, rubber, plastic and other surfaces.
Modifies, services and repairs rifles, revolvers and other firearms. Registration or licensing is required.
Installs and maintains locks and related security devices and systems. Registration or licensing is required.
（4）323314 PRECISION INSTRUMENT MAKER AND REPAIRER
Assembles, calibrates, installs and overhauls mechanical precision instruments and equipment.
Specialisations: Camera Repairer、Scalemaker、Scientific Instrument Maker and Repairer
（5）323315 SAW DOCTOR
Repairs, sets and sharpens blades for circular, band and other saws.
Specialisation: Saw Sharpener
（6）323316 WATCH AND CLOCK MAKER AND REPAIRER
Makes, repairs, cleans and adjusts watches and clocks.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services