PANELBEATERS repair damage to metal, fibreglass and plastic body work on vehicles, and form replacement vehicle panels.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 3
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- removing damaged panels and parts, and removing upholstery and accessories to gain access
- removing dents by hammering panels
- straightening damaged vehicles and parts using mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- replacing badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels
- filling depressions with plastic filler, and filing, grinding and sanding repaired surfaces
- cutting and joining replacement sections using welding equipment
- fitting repaired or replacement panels on vehicles and refitting body hardware such as door locks and trims
- may assist vehicle body builders in constructing and restoring custom-designed, vintage and other specialty vehicles
- may spray-paint vehicles
Occupation in this group:
Alternative Title: Collision Repairer
Repairs damage to metal, fibreglass and plastic body work on vehicles and forms replacement vehicle panels. Registration or licensing may be required.
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services