ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS study, develop, implement and advise on policies and plans for managing and protecting the environment, flora, fauna and other natural resources.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 1
In Australia and New Zealand, the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- A level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
Occupations in this group:
（1）234311 CONSERVATION OFFICER
Develops and implements programs and regulations for the protection of fish, wildlife and other natural resources.
Specialisation: Landcare Facilitator
（2）234312 ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT
Alternative Titles: Environmental Adviser、Environmental Auditor、Environmental Officer
Analyses and advises on policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government or commercial environmental operations and programs.
（3）234313 ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Alternative Title: Environmental Scientist
Studies and develops policies and plans for the control of factors which may produce pollution, imbalance in or degradation of the environment.
Specialisations: Air Pollution Analyst、Ecologist、Land Degradation Analyst、Water Quality Analyst
（4）234314 PARK RANGER
Assists in controlling a State or national park, scenic area, historic site, nature reserve, recreation area or conservation reserve in accordance with authorised policies and priorities.
Specialisation: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Land and Sea Ranger
（5）234399 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS NEC
This occupation group covers Environmental Scientists not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Environmental Educator、Soil Scientist
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services