PLASTICS AND RUBBER PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic and rubber products.
Indicative Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level: 4
In Australia the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand the majority of occupations in this unit group have:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- operating rollers to remove air
- operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
Occupations in this group:
（1）711511 PLASTIC CABLEMAKING MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates extruding machines to encase wire, cord, cable and optic fibre in plastic or rubber.
Specialisations: Insulation Extruder Operator、Optic Fibre Drawer、Wire Drawer (Plastics)
（2）711512 PLASTIC COMPOUNDING AND RECLAMATION MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates mixing and grinding machines to prepare plastic powders and liquid blends, and recycle waste plastic materials from factory operations.
Specialisations: Pelletising Extruder Operator、Powder Hand (Plastics)、Shredder/Granulator Operator
（3）711513 PLASTICS FABRICATOR OR WELDER
Operates machines to measure, cut, shape, fit and assemble plastics materials to produce plastic products.
Specialisations: Acrylic Fabricator、Vinyl Welder and Fabricator
（4）711514 PLASTICS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATOR (GENERAL)
Operates extruding, injection moulding and blow moulding machines to produce finished plastic products.
Specialisations: Blow Moulding Machine Operator、Extruding Machine Operator (Plastics)、Injection Moulding Machine Operator (Plastics)、Lamination Machine Operator、Plastic Production Machine Setter、Rotational Moulding Operator (Plastics)
（5）711515 REINFORCED PLASTIC AND COMPOSITE PRODUCTION WORKER
Operates machines to apply gelcoat, colouring and fibre reinforced plastic to moulds to produce fibreglass and laminated products.
Specialisations: Fibreglass Gun Hand、Fibreglass Laminator、Resin Transfer Moulding Machine Operator
（6）711516 RUBBER PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATOR
Operates machines to manufacture rubber products such as tyres.
Specialisations: Rubber Belt Splicer、Rubber Compounder、Rubber Extrusion Machine Operator、Rubber Knitting and Reinforcing Machine Operator、Rubber Moulding Machine Operator、Rubber Roller Grinder Operator、Tyre Builder、Tyre Retreader
（7）711599 PLASTICS AND RUBBER PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS NEC
This occupation group covers Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: Thermoforming Machine Operator
Please follow the link below for FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
If you want to know more about Australian visa, you can get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you!
Address: 6/13 Bridge St Epping NSW 2121
Tel: 02-8203 2999
Facebook: Aussie Immigration Services